Sunday, August 26, 2012

Real Techniques Makeup Brushes

Hello everyone!! I wanted to show and tell you about my favorite brushes right now. I've been using them for a couple months and I think they're fabulous! They are by Samantha Chapman who is a makeup artist in Norwich, England. I'm sure you've seen her and her sister Nicola on Youtube. They are the famous Pixiwoo sisters! If you haven't seen their videos you must do so right now they are amazing and really talented. Here is a link to their channel on Youtube so you can Subscribe.. http://www.youtube.com/user/pixiwoo?feature=results_main . Back to the brushes they are such a nice product and a GREAT price! They vary from $5.99 to $17.99 and they are worth every penny. They are made of Synthetic Taklon and are NOT tested on animals which is VERY important =).  I will show you pictures of the brushes I have purchased and what I use them for. I truly believe these brushes have made my makeup look better and with the price of brushes these days they are definitely worth a try!  These brushes are sold at ULTA stores here in the US and of course the ULTA website ulta.com

Core Collection- This kit was the first I purchased by Real Techniques along with the Starter Kit. It includes a Contour Brush, Pointed Foundation Brush, Detail Brush and Buffing Brush. I use 3 out of the 4 brushes in this kit everyday! My favorite is the Buffing Brush. I use it to apply my foundation and it leaves it looking flawless. I pop a few pumps of foundation on the back of my hand and with this brush I work it in a circular motion all over my face. The more you work it in the better it looks. The Contour Brush I use to add a bit of bronzer to the hollows of my cheek up to the temples and on my jaw bone. This helps your face look thinner =). The Detail Brush I use to apply my lipstick, it's the perfect size and gets the job done! The kit is $17.99 which is such a good deal! It comes in this cute case that you can adjust to stand as well!  You're really paying about $4.50 per brush and at MAC just a foundation brush alone is $33.00!
Core Collection Kit

Starter Kit- This kit includes a Deluxe Crease Brush, Base Shadow Brush, Accent Brush, Pixel Point Eyeliner Brush and Brow Brush. I use 3 out of the 5 brushes in this kit daily. I use the Deluxe Crease Brush to apply my concealer.. It is the perfect tool for this, it applies it effortlessly and makes the concealer look great! I use the Base Shadow Brush to apply my eyeshadow, I use it to add eyeshadow to my entire lid and it works for blending as well. The Brow Brush is awesome, it really helps while shaping my brows with eyeshadow. The angle is perfect on it and it's also great for applying eyeliner. The other 2 I haven't got around to use, but I'm sure they're great as well.. The Pixel Point Eyeliner looks great for making a thicker Wing Tip Eyeliner.. I'll have to try that soon. The price for this kit is $17.99, again an incredible price and it also comes with the case. You're paying $3.60 per brush!!

Starter Kit
Picture of cases closed.. Perfect for on the go!
Stippling Brush- I love this brush! It's such a great multi-tasker. I've used it to apply foundation and it works beautifully! Lately I've been using it to apply my cream blush and it's perfect! I just dip the brush in the product and then tap it on the apples of my cheeks. I also use it to apply highlighter to to tops of my cheeks. I highly recommend it and it's only $9.99! Another great thing about it is that it has a flat bottom so it can stand..


Stippling Brush

Blush Brush- This brush has become my go to Loose Powder Brush. It's so soft and it looks so luxurious! It applies the powder evenly all over my face. It is obviously perfect for applying powder blush and also great for contouring! A great multi-tasker for only $8.99!

Blush Brush




My faves L-R... Buffing Brush, Deluxe Crease Brush, Base Shadow Brush, Contouring Brush, Stippling Brush and Blush Brush



No comments:

Post a Comment