Thursday, August 30, 2012

My Top 10 MAC Lipsticks

Hello everyone!! Well I figured since I had done my favorite MAC Eyeshadows I clearly had to do my favorite MAC Lipsticks. I have quite a few lipsticks from MAC but I went for the 10 that I seem to wear the most. I have some swatches with flash and no flash so you can see how they look  under different lighting. They retail at $15 at Mac Cosmetic stores or maccosmetics.com Enjoy!!

Hue- This lipstick is a "Glaze" finish. It is a pale beige pink with subtle sheen. Very pretty if you just want a pink nude lip. It has a light/medium coverage, I do seem to have to re-apply frequently. I use this lipstick a lot at work since I can only wear neutral colors so you can see I've worn it almost all the way down. This is part of the permanent collection.
Hue
Angel- This lipstick is a "Frost" finish. It is a soft pink with some sheen as well. It has more coverage than Hue and is a bit darker. This has become my new favorite for work! This is part of the permanent collection.
Angel
Snob- This lipstick is a "Satin" finish. It is a light pink with a greyish/lavender tint to it. It has a full coverage and lasts quite a long time. I think it's closer to a Matte finish because it's dryer than the other Satin finish lipsticks. I've gone through a few of these in my time haha. This is part of the permanent collection.
Snob
No Flash L-R.. Hue, Angel and Snob

With Flash L-R... Hue, Angel and Snob




Toxic Tale- This lipstick is a "Satin" finish. It was a Limited Edition shade in the Disney Venomous Villains Collection (One of my favorites!!). It is a beautiful true neon coral. It has a full coverage and stays on all day. Luckily I purchased 2 of these, not only because I loved the color but the Evil Queen is my favorite Disney Villain.

Impassioned- This lipstick is an "Amplified" finish. It is a bright neon coral/pink. It's really bright and I love it for the summer. It has a full coverage and stays on for hours. This is part of the permanent collection.


Moxie- This lipstick is a "Matte" finish. It is a neon red/coral color. It is darker than Toxic Tale and Impassioned. It has a full coverage, and like most Matte finishes it lasts all day. This lipstick was recently available on the MAC website, but only for a limited time. I think it's an amazing color and I regret only buying 1.. Especially since it arrived broken =(. I'll have to find a dupe!
Moxie


No Flash L-R... Toxic Tale, Impassioned and Moxie

With Flash L-R... Toxic Tale, Impassioned and Moxie
Candy Yum Yum- This lipstick is a "Matte" finish. It is a BRIGHT neon pink. I love it but it's definitely not for the faint of heart. It has a full coverage and lasts all day. It came out a few years ago in the "Quite Cute" collection and was recently voted back for the "MAC By Request", which was only available online for a limited time. I have a couple of these but if you missed out I heard that OCC Lip Tar in "Nylon" is pretty close and even brighter! That color is available online only at sephora.com for a limited time.
Candy Yum Yum

Show Orchid- This lipstick is an "Amplified" finish. It is a fuschia/purple pink with an iridescent sheen. It has full coverage and a descent wear time. This unfortunately was also a limited edition color.
Show Orchid


No Flash L-R... Candy Yum Yum and Show Orchid

With Flash L-R... Candy Yum Yum and Show Orchid

Lady Danger- This lipstick is a "Matte" finish. It is a true bright orange/red. It has a full coverage and stays on all day. This and Ruby Woo are my favorite Reds that MAC has to offer. I love wearing this color with just some wing tip black eyeliner for a retro look. This is part of the permanent collection.
Lady Danger


No Flash... Lady Danger


With Flash... Lady Danger
Ruby Woo- This lipstick is a "Matte" finish. It is a true blue/red. It has a full coverage and stays on all day. This is my #1 favorite red lipstick ever! I get compliments on it all the time. I love the dry finish it has (I know Matte lipsticks are dry but this one is beyond) and the color is really amazing. This is part of the permanent collection.


Ruby Woo

No Flash... Ruby Woo
With Flash... Ruby Woo

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I wanna go shopping!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! I need more products for my blog lol!

      Delete